John MacArthur-Why Every Self Respecting Calvinist is a Premillennialist

Monday, December 8, 2008

Millennial Manifesto: Why Every Self-Respecting Calvinist Should Be a Premillennialist --by John MacArthur

Dr. Sam Waldron recently visited our church and had some of his books for purchase. His latest is "MacArthur's Millennial Manifesto: A Friendly Response." I picked it up along with a couple of others.

I must say I was a little shocked to read the transcribed words of John. Knowing that he is a die-hard Dispy is one thing, but to see/hear him attack his brethren for the historical Christian position, which Waldron so clearly points out, takes me aback.

And even though Waldron reprints the entire "message" as an appendix in his book, I decided to look online to hear the man for myself. Here is what I found:

Apparently, the message may be called "Get Israel Right, Get Eschatology Right" (STREAMING AUDIO)

"Why Every Self-Respecting Calvinist Should be a Premillennialist" (STREAMING AUDIO)

Some pastor named Jim McClarty of TN who feels the same way and has messages on Romans.

John MacArthur's radio version w/accompanying transcript.

An article that I want to read later by him on "Do We Need the Local Church?"

Kim Riddlebarger's response to John's opening message for the Shepherd's Conference.

And a MP3 message by him called "A Problem for Preterists"

And a website called Faith by Hearing that talks about the controversy that looks interesting...

There are notes from the 2007 Shepherd's Conference available online, but I didn't see any reference to John's opening "message" there.

No comments:

Post a Comment